- Junior scholars who received the Ph.D. from a U.S. institution within the last eight years are eligible to participate.
- Applicants do not need to have been AIIS fellows or to have participated in an AIIS language program
- Unrevised dissertations are not eligible.
- Must be the first book by the author
- There is no designated press for publication
- Manuscripts published before the annual submission deadline are not eligible
- Manuscripts under review or under contract with a press are eligible. Please note: in view of the expectation that the prize will be announced in the resulting publication (in the form of an inserted prize page before the title page), manuscripts that go into print before the prize notification will become ineligible. It is the responsibility of authors with manuscripts under contract to inform their press about these guidelines.
Winners are determined by the AIIS Publications Commitee. The Committee may determine that there is no winner in a particular year.
There is no designated press for publication.
Manuscripts under review or under contract with a press are eligible.
Subvention of $2,500 for the press publishing the manuscript
Deadline is September 30.
Send one PDF by email and one paper copy of your manuscript to:
AIIS Publications Committee
Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
Inquiries should be directed to:
The Publications Committee Co-Chair: Anand Yang (email@example.com)